PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
Members from the Environmental Analytical Technology Laboratory are marked in bold.
- S. W. Cho and H. Wei,* Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy for emerging contaminant analysis in drinking water, Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering, 2023, 17, 57.
- Z. Wu, S. Cai, S. W. Cho, H. Wei,* (co-corresponding author) and M. Qin,* Laboratory filter membranes may release organic particles that affect water analysis, ACS ES&T Engineering, 2022, 2, 2311-2316.
- H. Wang and H. Wei,* Controlled citrate oxidation on gold nanoparticle surfaces for improved surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopic analysis of low-affinity organic micropollutants, Langmuir 2022, 38, 4958-4968.
- S. K. Loeb, H. Wei, and J. H. Kim,* Measuring temperature heterogeneities during the solar-photothermal heating using quantum dot nanothermometry, Analyst 2021, 146, 2048-2056.
- Q. Huang, H. Wei, L. C. Marr, and P. J. Vikesland,* Direct quantification of the effect of ammonium on aerosol droplet pH, Environmental Science & Technology 2020, 55, 778-787.
- H. Lee,# H. Wei,# (co-first author) H. Choe, J. Park, K. Kim, T. Yu, C. Lee, J. H. Kim,* and J. H. Kim,* Versatile yolk-shell encapsulation: catalytic, photothermal, and sensing demonstration. Small 2020, 16, 2002311.
- H. Wei, S. K. Loeb, N. J. Halas,* and J. H. Kim,* Plasmon-enabled degradation of organic micropollutants in water by visible-light illumination of Janus gold nanorods, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences – USA 2020, 117, 15473-15481.
Before joining UW-Madison
- Loeb, J. Kim, C. Jiang, L. Early, H. Wei, Q. Li, and J. H. Kim,* Nanoparticle-enhanced interfacial solar photothermal water disinfection demonstrated in 3-D printed flow-through reactors, Environmental Science & Technology 2019, 53, 7621-7631.
- H. Wei, Q. Huang, and P. J. Vikesland,* Aromatic amine pKa determines affinity to citrate-coated gold nanoparticles: in-situ observation via hot spot-normalized surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Environmental Science & Technology Letters 2019, 6, 199-204.
- H. Guo, Q. Huang, W. Leng, Y. Zhan, B. Behkam, M. R. Willner, H. Wei, L. C. Marr, P. J. Vikesland,* Bromide ion-functionalized nanoprobes for sensitive and reliable pH measurement by surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, Analyst 2019, 144, 7326-7335.
- H. Wei, W. Leng, J. Song, C. Liu, M. R. Willner, Q. Huang, W. Zhou, and P. J. Vikesland,* Real-time monitoring of ligand exchange kinetics on gold nanoparticle surfaces enabled by hot spot normalized surface-enhanced Raman scattering, Environmental Science & Technology 2019, 53, 575-585.
- Li, K. Xiao, B. Yang, G. Peng, F. Liu, L. Tao, S. Chen, H. Wei, G. Yu, and S. Deng,* Recovery of Ni(II) from real electroplating wastewater using fixed-bed resin adsorption and subsequent electrodeposition, Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering 2019, 13, 91.
- H. Wei, E. P. Vejerano, W. Leng, L. C. Marr, and P. J. Vikesland,* Aerosol microdroplets exhibit a stable pH gradient, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences – USA 2018, 115, 7272-7277.
- H. Wei, W. Leng, J. Song, M. R. Willner, L. C. Marr, W. Zhou, and P. J. Vikesland,* Improved quantitative SERS enabled by surface plasmon enhanced elastic light scattering, Analytical Chemistry 2018, 90, 3227-3237.
- H. Wei, A. McCarthy, J. Song, W. Zhou, and P. J. Vikesland,* Quantitative SERS by hot spot normalization – surface plasmon-enhanced Rayleigh band intensity as an alternative evaluation parameter for SERS substrate performance, Faraday Discussions 2017, 205, 491-504.
- H. Wei, M. R. Willner, L. C. Marr, and P. J. Vikesland,* Highly stable SERS pH nanoprobes produced by co-solvent controlled AuNP aggregation, Analyst 2016, 141, 5159-5169.
- H. Wei, S. Abtahi, and P. J. Vikesland,* Plasmonic colorimetric and SERS sensors for environmental analysis, Environmental Science: Nano 2015, 2, 120-135.
- H. Wei, K. Rodriguez, S. Renneckar, W. Leng, and P. J. Vikesland,* Preparation and evaluation of nanocellulose-gold nanoparticle nanocomposites for SERS applications, Analyst 2015, 140, 5640-5649.
- H. Wei, and P. J. Vikesland,* pH-triggered molecular alignment for reproducible SERS detection via an AuNP/nanocellulose platform, Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 18131.
- H. Wei, K. Rodriguez, S. Renneckar, and P. J. Vikesland,* Environmental science and engineering applications of nanocellulose-based nanocomposites, Environmental Science: Nano 2014, 1, 302-316.
- Y. Li, H. Wei, and R. Liu,* Probe the toxic interaction of tartrazine to bovine hemoglobin on molecular Level, Luminescence 2014, 29, 195-200.
- S. Deng,* H. Wei, T. Chen, B. Wang, J. Huang, and G. Yu, Superior CO2 adsorption on pine nut shell-derived activated carbons and the effective micropores at different temperatures, Chemical Engineering Journal 2014, 253, 46-54.
- H. Wei, S. Deng,* Q. Huang, Y. Nie, B. Wang, J. Huang, and G. Yu, Regenerable granular carbon nanotubes/alumina hybrid adsorbents for diclofenac sodium and carbamazepine removal from aqueous solution, Water Research 2013, 47, 4139-4147.
- Z. Chen, S. Deng,* H. Wei, B. Wang, J. Huang, and G. Yu, Polyethylenimine-impregnated resin for high CO2 adsorption: an efficient adsorbent for CO2 capture from simulated flue gas and ambient air, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2013, 5, 6937-6945.
- Z. Chen, S. Deng,* H. Wei, B. Wang, J. Huang, and G. Yu, Activated carbons and amine-modified materials for carbon dioxide capture – a review, Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering 2013, 7, 326-340.
- H. Wei, S. Deng,* B. Hu, Z. Chen, B. Wang, J. Huang, and G. Yu, Granular bamboo-derived activated carbon for high CO2 adsorption: the dominant role of narrow micropores, ChemSusChem 2012, 5, 2354-2360.
- S. Deng,* Q. Zhang, Y. Nie, H. Wei, B. Wang, J. Huang, G. Yu, and B. Xing, Sorption mechanisms of perfluorinated compounds on carbon nanotubes, Environmental Pollution 2012, 168, 138-144.